James E Blogwick

You know, stuff I find interesting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Artistic integrity or horse sense

It's interesting how ideas collide. To hear two stories about a night of Jazz history in two days it beyond weird coincidence. It's stuff like this that makes me feel like I'm pinning strings together onto newspaper clippings out in the shed.

Seth Godin has a fantastic post today about the night Bill Evans walked off stage because he, "didn't feel like playing" and how the crowd cheered him because if his heart wasn't in it, they didn't want to hear it.

The interesting part is that last night Terry Gross did an interview with Paul Motian, Bill Evans' drummer, who attributed the same event to Mr. Evans lack of heroin.

So, I guess that the corollary to Seth's post is that it's only important that the customer thinks you are being authentic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home